The e-mail address you provided on this application form will only be used by Student
Integration Services to inform you of the status of your child's application.
- Please enter your child’s last name, first name and middle Initial.
- Enter your child’s correct address, including the apartment number, if any, city
and zip code. It is the parent/legal guardian’s responsibility to verify the student’s
address at the current LAUSD school of attendance.
- Enter the grade your child is in this school year and the grade he or she will be
in next school year (2013-2014)
- Fill in the bubble for your child’s gender.
- If your child has ever been enrolled in a LAUSD school, please fill in the “Yes”
bubble. (This does not include Independent Charter Schools).
- If your child has never been enrolled in a LAUSD school, please fill in the “No”
- Enter the name of the school your child is currently attending.
- Enter your child’s date of birth in this order: MM/DD/YYYY
- Enter your telephone number and your work, emergency or cell phone number.
- Enter the parent or legal guardian’s name and e-mail address. (The e-mail address
- Magnet and PWT are Court-Ordered programs that require parents to mark ONE federally
identified ethnicity/race category on the application.
- Fill in the bubble next to the ethnicity or race that best describes the child for
which you are applying. You may fill the “Multi-racial/Multi-ethnic” response to
indicate the applicant is identified as more than one ethnicity/race but your application
WILL NOT be processed unless you select one of the federally identified ethnicity/race
categories for the purpose of selection.
- AMERICAN INDIAN/ALASKAN NATIVE A person having origins in the original
peoples of North America, who maintains cultural identification through tribal/
- ASIAN A person having origins in the original peoples of the Far East,
Southeast Asia, or the Indian Subcontinent, e.g., China, India, Japan, Korea and
- AFRICAN AMERICAN/BLACK, NOT OF HISPANIC ORIGIN A non-Hispanic person
having origins in any of the Black racial groups of Africa.
- HISPANIC/LATINO A person of Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban, Central
or South American or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race.
- WHITE A non-Hispanic person having origins in any of the original
peoples of Europe, North Africa or the Middle East, e.g., England, Egypt, Russia
- NATIVE HAWAIIAN/PACIFIC ISLANDER A person having origins in any of
the original peoples of Polynesia, Micronesia or Melanesia.
Option A | MAGNET PROGRAM ONLY
Fill in the bubble ONLY if you are applying for the Magnet Program.
Option B | Magnet Program + NCLB-PSC
- This option allows you to select a Magnet Program for your child to attend. Fill
in this bubble if you are ONLY interested in applying for a Magnet Program and not
any other type of program.
- You may list up to three different choices of Magnet Schools. Please do not list
the same Magnet Program more than once.
- Please see pages 5-15 for the seven-digit school code and name of the Magnet school.
Place one number in each box and write the school name in the box to the right.
- In order to create a more equitable selection process for all applicants, priority
points are only used for the applicant’s first choice. If needed, applicants will
all enter a random selection process for their second and third choices.
- If the applicant does not get selected into a Magnet Program, the applicant will
be placed on a waiting list for their First Choice. Any priority points that they
may have had will be used, once they are placed on this waiting list.
Fill in the bubbles for BOTH the Magnet Program and NCLB-PSC*. This option allows
for the selection of up to three Magnet Programs + NCLB-PSC* (For NCLB-PSC* eligibility,
please check pages 18-19. If selected into any Magnet Program, the applicant will
automatically be removed from other choices; no waiting list points will be accrued.
Please be aware if the applicant is selected into any Choices program, the applicant
will not be listed on any Magnet program's Waiting List. The District will select
the Non-PI school). This option is only available for on-time applicants.
Option C | NCLB-PSC ONLY
Fill in the bubble ONLY if you are applying for NCLB-Public School Choice (NCLB-PSC)*.
For NCLB-PSC* eligibility, please check pages 18-19. The District will select the
Non-PI school. This option is only available for on-time applicants.
Option D | PWT - Permits With Transportation
Fill in the bubble ONLY if you are applying for the Permits With Transportation
(PWT) Program. Once students are accepted into the PWT Program, they are allowed
to matriculate to the next school level (elementary to middle or middle to high)
without filling out a new application, providing that space continues to be available.
Select Magnet Schools/centers.
Check Permits With Transportation (PWT) program eligibility.
Check NCLB-Public School Choice (PSC) eligibility.
If this applicant has a brother or sister currently enrolled in the same Magnet
school, PWT or NCLB-PSC* program for which he/she is applying and the sibling will
be continuing next year, please fill in the sibling’s last name, first name, middle
initial and birth date. Siblings must reside at the same address at the time of
application. It is the parent’s responsibility to verify that the siblings have the
same address on file in the district computer system at the current LAUSD school
of attendance by the application deadline.
Depending on seat availability at the
particular Magnet Program(s) you have
selected, your child may be placed on a
waiting list for the 2013-2014 school year.
Other Magnet programs of possible interest
to you may have space available for the 2013-
2014 school year.
Fill in the “yes” bubble if you want to share
your child’s information.
- Note: If you do accept placement at an
alternate Magnet, your child’s name will
be removed from the original Magnet
wait list and all waiting list points will be
- Sign your name and write the date in the
box provided to verify that all information
submitted on the application is correct. If
the applicant is selected, your signature
authorizes the transfer of student records
to the Magnet, PWT, or NCLB-PSC school.
This application must be signed in black
or blue ink.
- Falsification of information will result in
the applicant’s removal from the program.
Double-check your information. It is
the responsibility of the parent or legal
guardian to complete the application.