The e-mail address you provided on this application form will only be used by Student
Integration Services to inform you of the status of your child's application.
- Please enter your child’s last name, first name and middle Initial.
- Enter your child’s correct address, including the apartment number, if any, city
and zip code. It is the parent/legal guardian’s responsibility to verify the student’s
address at the current LAUSD school of attendance.
- Enter the grade your child is in this school year and the grade he or she will be
in next school year (2014-2015)
- Fill in the bubble for your child’s gender.
- If your child has ever been enrolled in a LAUSD school, please fill in the “Yes”
bubble. (This does not include Independent Charter Schools).
- If your child has never been enrolled in a LAUSD school, please fill in the “No”
- Enter the name of the school your child is currently attending.
- Enter your child’s date of birth in this order: MM/DD/YYYY
- Enter your telephone number and your work, emergency or cell phone number.
- Enter the parent or legal guardian’s name and e-mail address. (The e-mail address
- Fill in the “YES” bubble if you would like to receive all correspondence from Student
Integration Services via-email.
- Magnet and PWT are Court-Ordered programs that require parents to mark ONE federally
identified ethnicity/race category on the application.
- Fill in the bubble next to the ethnicity or race that best describes the child for
which you are applying. You may fill the “Multi-racial/Multi-ethnic” response to
indicate the applicant is identified as more than one ethnicity/race but your application
WILL NOT be processed unless you select one of the federally identified ethnicity/race
categories for the purpose of selection.
- AMERICAN INDIAN/ALASKAN NATIVE A person having origins in the original
peoples of North America, who maintains cultural identification through tribal/
- ASIAN A person having origins in the original peoples of the Far East,
Southeast Asia, or the Indian Subcontinent, e.g., China, India, Japan, Korea and
- AFRICAN AMERICAN/BLACK, NOT OF HISPANIC ORIGIN A non-Hispanic person
having origins in any of the Black racial groups of Africa.
- HISPANIC/LATINO A person of Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban, Central
or South American or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race.
- WHITE A non-Hispanic person having origins in any of the original
peoples of Europe, North Africa or the Middle East, e.g., England, Egypt, Russia
- NATIVE HAWAIIAN/PACIFIC ISLANDER A person having origins in any of
the original peoples of Polynesia, Micronesia or Melanesia.
Option A | MAGNET PROGRAM ONLY
Fill in the bubble ONLY if you are applying for the Magnet Program.
Option B | Magnet Program + NCLB-PSC
- This option allows you to select a Magnet Program for your child to attend. Fill
in this bubble if you are ONLY interested in applying for a Magnet Program and not
any other type of program.
- You have the option to three different choices of Magnet Schools. Please do not
list the same Magnet Program more than once.
- Please see "School Description Pages" for the seven-digit school code and name of
the Magnet school. Place one number in each box and write the school name in the
box to the right.
- In order to create a more equitable selection process for all applicants, priority
points are only used for the applicant’s first choice. If the applicant is selected
to their first choice, choice two and three are not considered. If needed, applicants
will all enter a random selection process for their second and third choices. If
the applicant is selected into any program of their choice, the student will not
be placed on any waiting list.
- If the applicant does not get selected into a Magnet Program, the applicant will
be placed on a waiting list for their First Choice. Any priority points that they
may have had will be used, once they are placed on this waiting list.
- Applicants currently enrolled and/or on the Waiting List for one Magnet program
and selected into another Magnet will automatically be dropped from current Magnet
program or removed from the Waiting list and all waiting list points will be removed.
- Continuous Enrollment Magnet Schools allow you to apply throughout the school year.
Priority will be given to students residing within each continuous enrollment school’s
attendance boundary. All other eligible LAUSD students will be selected provided
there is space available. The participating schools are: Carthay ES, Chavez LA ARTES,
Crenshaw HS, Lee ES, Los Feliz ES, Irving MS, King MS (Film/Media), Sun Valley MS,
Torres HS, Wright MS, and Westchester HS.
Magnet Program + NCLB-PS is not available at this time. Please select either Option
A - Magnet program or Option D - Permits With Transportation program.
Option C | NCLB-PSC ONLY
NCLB-PSC ONLY is not available at this time. Please select either Option A - Magnet
program or Option D - Permits With Transportation program.
Option D | PWT - Permits With Transportation
Fill in the bubble ONLY if you are applying for the Permits With Transportation
(PWT) Program. Please see more information under the PWT tab or call (213) 241-6572
to find out about your eligibility. Once students are accepted into the PWT Program,
they are allowed to matriculate to the next school level (elementary to middle or
middle to high) without filling out a new application, providing that space continues
to be available.
Select Magnet Schools/centers.
Check Permits With Transportation (PWT) program eligibility.
Check NCLB-Public School Choice (PSC) eligibility.
If this applicant has a brother or sister currently enrolled in the same Magnet
school, PWT or NCLB-PSC* program for which he/she is applying and the sibling will
be continuing next year, please fill in the sibling’s last name, first name, middle
initial and birth date. Siblings must reside at the same address at the time of
application. It is the parent’s responsibility to verify that the siblings have the
same address on file in the district computer system at the current LAUSD school
of attendance by the application deadline.
Depending on seat availability at the particular Magnet Program(s) you have selected,
your child may be placed on a waiting list for the 2014-2015 school year. Other
Magnet programs of possible interest to you may have space available for the 2014-2015
- Fill in the “yes” bubble if you want to share your child’s information.
- Note: If you do accept placement at an alternate Magnet, your child’s name
will be removed from the original Magnet wait list and all waiting list points will
- Sign your name and write the date in the box provided to verify that all information
submitted on the application is correct. If the applicant is selected, your signature
authorizes the transfer of student records to the Magnet, PWT, or NCLB-PSC school.
This application must be signed in black or blue ink.
- Falsification of information will result in the applicant’s removal from the program.
Double-check your information. It is the responsibility of the parent or legal guardian
to complete the application.
- Your signature on the application signifies that you have read and understood the
Choices Application Guidelines and Instructions.